This position handles and coordinates the day-to-day fuel needs for all managed fleet and partnership aircraft. It involves handling all aspects of fuel operations and includes, but is not limited to, the items listed below.
- Negotiate reduced purchasing price at high volume retail locations and put preferred purchasing card on file at appropriate locations. Ensure that all agreements are forwarded to supervisor.
- Monitor flight schedule for fuel requests and trip changes.
- Analyze and evaluate fuel uplift requirements and select the most appropriate provider and method of payment at designated locations for each uplift. Set up fuel releases as necessary (single or open).
- Prepare and distribute fuel purchase instructions to flight operations personnel and flight crews. Provide assistance and support to flight operations personnel and flight crews to resolve fuel issues including quoting and scheduling before, during and after each trip.
- Confirm, verify and correct post-flight fuel transactions, payment methods, fuel tickets, credit card slips and vendor invoices. Work with accounting to reconcile A/P & A/R by providing back up such as quotes and fuel tickets for faster resolution and payment processing.
- Analysis of fuel pricing / savings
- Low number of pending fuel transactions vs. reconciled
- Customer satisfaction (flight operations, flight crew, client)
- FAA aircraft dispatch certificate or 2-year degree and 2-years experience in corporate or commercial aviation
- Capacity to adapt to a challenging and fast-moving environment, with changing priorities and a heavy workload
- May be required to be 21 or older and have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record;
- Must be able to pass a required 10-year background check
- Must be able to obtain a TEB Airport ID
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, mainly Excel and Outlook
- Must be able to understand basic aviation terminology and technology, such as the phonetic alphabet, aircraft range, speed, capacity, landing requirements, etc
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Since English is the language of aviation, the individual must be able to read, write, and speak the English language fluently. Another language is helpful, but not required.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Customer focused
- Results driven – able to execute with high personal accountability
- Strong personal values corresponding with Jet Aviation values (THAT)
To apply send an initial interest through our contact form